LightSpeed Microscopy is a team of distinguished scientists, engineers, and doctors on a mission to improve the way pathology is conducted.
Bringing Pathology to the 21st Century
The founders of LightSpeed Microscopy began developing their novel open-top light-sheet microscope for rapid 3D scanning thanks to research grants from the National Institutes of Health, Department of Defense, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Prostate Cancer Foundation, and the University of Washington.
Now at LightSpeed, we are turning these proven research products into commercial tools. Contact us to inquire about obtaining one for your laboratory!
Nick Reder, M.D., M.P.H.
Chief Executive Officer
- University of Washington genitourinary pathologist
- Research in 3D machine learning and data science
- Impetus for development of LightSpeed open-top microscope
Adam Glaser, Ph.D.
Chief Technical Officer
- Optical engineer
- Built and designed LightSpeed open-top microscope
- Previous optics start-up experience
Steve Buckley, Ph.D.
- Experienced entrepreneur
- Founded and led Inc-500 startup to acquisition
- Instrumentation and spectroscopy expert
Jonathan Liu, Ph.D.
- McMinn-endowed Associate Professor, University of Washington College of Engineering
- Adjunct faculty, Department of Pathology
- Research in clinical microscopy, molecular imaging, and spectroscopy
Larry True, M.D.
- Surgical pathologist with specialty in prostate and GU pathology
- Research in laser microdissection and 3D microscopy
- Professor, University of Washington School of Medicine
Fluke Hall, 4000 Mason Rd. Suite 304
Seattle, Washington 98195